美国蒙特雷国际研究生院(Monterey Institute of International Studies)是美国翻译及传译专业No.1的学校,以下十条便是蒙特雷校方给翻译专业新生的建议。有志于走上翻译道路的同学们,来看看如何成为一个优秀的译员吧。
Read extensively, especially in your non-native language(s).
多读书,尤其要读外语作品。
Watch the TV news and listen to radio news and podcasts on current events in all workinglanguages.
多关注电视和广播里的各语种时事报导。
Strengthen your general knowledge of economics, history, the law, international politics, and scientific concepts and principles (in that order).
加强你在经济、历史、法律、国际政治和科学方面的知识,了解一些基本的概念和原理。
Live in a country where your non-native language is spoken.
在通用语言是你所学外语的国家住上一段时间。
Fine-tune your writing and research skills.
提升你的写作和研究技能。
Improve your public speaking skills.
提升你的公共演讲技能。
Hone your analytical skills.
磨练你的分析技能。
Become computer savvy.
通晓电脑。
Learn how to take care of yourself.
学会照顾自己。
Be prepared for lifelong learning.
活到老,学到老。 |